In my career, I have proven myself across a wide range of roles and challenges: a large company senior executive, a turnaround specialist, a company founder and builder, a management consultant, and an executive coach.
I deliver a clear strategic perspective. My advice is actionable, practical, and always tailored. My work reflects my passion for creative solutions, well-executed strategy, and sustainable business models. I am committed to building businesses that deliver great value to customers and to shareholders.
My industry expertise is concentrated in technology, medical, and consumer goods. I have founded a number of successful ventures, and am experienced in raising capital, and more importantly in delivering liquidity events to investors through M&A and IPO.
I help my clients to ask better questions, knowing that my experience and insight are best applied to helping my clients to better understand their challenges and opportunities. The result is strategy, solutions, and business models that clients are fully committed to and are able to execute intelligently.
My experience includes:
- General Partner of WISC Partners, a venture capital firm focused on building wealth for both investors and entrepreneurs in Wisconsin.
- Co-founder and CEO of XY Wellness, a nutraceutical company focused on helping men with prostate cancer rebuild their health and quality of life.
- Chairman of IWS Global, a worldwide mobile technology asset management company..
- VP of Corporate Development of Douglas Stewart Company, where I directed all diversification efforts.
- Co-founder and CEO of AguaSoleil, a clean, renewable energy company focused on developing solar-assisted heat pump technology.
- CEO of EcoNugenics, where I transformed a nutraceutical company into a respected resource for prostate and breast cancer patients.
- Co-founder and CEO of Our Kids Sake, a charitable foundation focused on helping America’s homeless children escape conditions of poverty.
- Director of Strategic Business of BEA Systems, where I served as lead negotiator for large, complex enterprise licensing and services deals.
- Founder and CEO of FastObjects, where I took the database software company from inception to profitability to a successful M&A.
- VP of Sales, Marketing, and Services of Poet Software, where as a key member of the senior management team, I helped lead the company through a successful IPO.
- Strategic Initiatives Manager for Sybase, where I served as management consultant responsible for initiatives such as post-acquisition integration and worldwide technical support outsourcing.
- Director of the Advanced Technology Group of Harris Corporation, where I built a custom development and systems integration organization serving the DOD and Fortune 200.
My education includes:
- Doctoral studies in Corporate Strategy, University of Texas
- Master of Science in Business, University of Wisconsin
- Graduate studies in International Business, Ecole Internationale des Affaires, Marseille, France
- Bachelor of Business Administration, University of Wisconsin